Za’atar Pita Chips
This is a great snack that can be made ahead of time. It features Lebanese za'atar, a magical blend of wild thyme, sumac, and toasted sesame seeds. In Lebanese homes, za'atar is mixed with olive oil to form a paste that is spread on bread at mealtimes.
- 4 pita breads split open, stacked and cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 cup of Oleavanti Qadisha Grove Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of za’atar dry mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the za’atar dry mix with the olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix the pita bread wedges with za’atar and olive oil.
- Spread the pita triangles over 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Bake the wedges until they begin to crisp and brown lightly, by flipping the chips to ensure full toasting.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let the chips cool before serving.
- To keep crisp, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Use these chips to scoop baba ghanouj, hummus and ful mudammas.